Welcome to Deck Experts' Blog. Here you will find articles, news and tips on building, maintaining and repairing custom decks, railing & outdoor living spaces for your home in Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, or in Kamloops.
TREX is an eco-friendly decking option that has been rising in popularity in recent years for both decks around homes and in popular public areas such as boardwalks. TREX decking products are created out of mostly recycled products – including sawdust, reclaimed wood, and plastic from household waste such as grocery bags and food wrappers.
Some of the great advantages of TREX decking products include:
- Extremely eco-friendly: TREX reclaims over 400 million pounds of wood and plastic every year
- Much lower maintenance than a traditional wood deck, which saves you both time and money over the lifespan of the deck
- TREX decking is solid – weighing as much as 50 percent more than lumber of the same size
- TREX can be cut, routed, and grooved just like a wood board
- Stays cooler on a hot day when compared to wood
- Looks great!
TREX decking systems are a great, durable and eco-friendly option for replacing the deck around your home. While they may be more costly upfront when compared to a wooden deck, the time and cost savings over the lifetime of the deck make TREX a worthwhile investment.
TREX also offers different varieties of product qualities which can affect the overall cost. The design of your deck will also play a role in deciding initial costs – a simple shape, or a smaller deck will of course cost less than a large, unique shaped build.
If you are looking for a highly durable and eco-friendly option for building your new deck, TREX decking products are a great place to start. TREX decks are high quality, low maintenance, and great for the environment: one 500 square foot deck of TREX product take approximately 140,000 plastic bags out of the landfill.